10. Gooseneck barnacles reach the toe rail.
9. The latest charts show your vessel as a hazard.
8. Baby birds emerge from nests under the solar panels…for the 3rd time.
7. A waitress at the nearby restaurant invites you to her wedding. Again.
6. A proposal is floated to use your boat as the gift shop for the planned “Pirates of Asia” theme park.
5. Fish under the boat form a home owner’s association, requesting 60 days notice before departure.
4. Tour guides come to you for advice on cool spots.
3. A new government study on plate tectonics includes your boat as a key marker.
2. Fishermen begin to wave back.
1. Everybody knows your name!
Friends who read this on the Sailfeed website always know not to overstay at the island.
This article was syndicated from S/V Totem - a family sailing the world